Olive and Olive Oil Promotion Committee of Turkey, established on April 3, 2007, has just started its operations in order to promote olive and olive oil in countries which have been chosen as the target markets of the olives and olive oil.
Objective of the Olive and Olive Oil Promotion Committee of Turkey is to support the efforts directed to the foreign markets and to diversify our export markets as well as to implement promotional campaigns for the building a “Turkish Olive and Olive Oil” brand and image. And for the domestic market, the committee intends to carry out promotional activities that shall improve the consciousness of the consumers in order to develop the market and increase the consumption. Other objectives of the Committee are to enrich product diversity in accordance with the demands from the world markets and to enhance the market and distribution channels, thus applying a sustainable pricing policy.
Mission of the Committee:
• To inform the entire world that Anatolia is the motherland of the olive.
• To bring the Turkish olive and olive oil to a competitive position in the world.
• To make Turkish olive and olive oil a world known brand.
• To make the Turkish olive oil whose quality is at the top level be the most preferred one on global basis.
• To enhance the global market and distribution channels.
• To strengthen the position of these products in the existing markets.
• To make long-term plans and help them to be realized.
• To make efficient efforts focusing on the targets.
• To increase branded exports and make contributions to the Turkish economy.
• To make consumers more conscious and to increase the consumption of olives in the domestic market.
• To follow the developments in world markets and enhance the product diversity. Last year, Olive and Olive Oil Promotion Committee was very active and attended following activities: The committee has attended Gulfood 2015 (United Arab Emirates) fair and carried out efficient promotional activities.
Also our committee has attended Summer Fancy Food Show (USA), International Food and Hospitality Trade Show (India), Prodexpo 2015 (Russia), International Food Exhibition (United Kingdom), 9th China (Guangzhou) IOE 2015 (China), Expo 2015 Milano (Italy) and Annapoorna World of Food (India) fairs and carried out various promotional activities during these fairs. Our Committee is also attending PLMA Chicago 2015 and Saudi Foodex 2015 in November 2015.
The committee is going to organize a “buying team event” that will host importers invited through our foreign missions in related countries from Iran, Iraq, Russia, Japan, Chinese Republic, England, Canada, USA, India and Brazil simultaneously with the Ayvalik Olive Harvest Feast that will be held between 5 to 8 November 2015 in Ayvalik. Prospective importers also will visit the olive plantations and facilities and by paving the way for new business contracts.
Besides, a public awareness video clip that has been shot in January 2015 to explain the benefits of olives and olive oil and this has been approved by the higher council of Radio and Television and by the Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Livestock in March and its broadcast has began on national TV channels and on their European versions.
Activities planned in 2016
Our committee will be attending Food Hospitality World (Mumbai/India), Biofach 2016 (Nurnberg/Germany), Gulfood 2016 (Dubai/U.A.E), Sial Canada (Montreal/Canada), Olivetech (İzmir/Turkey), Summer Fancy Food (New York/USA), Annapoorna World of Food (Mumbai/India).