Turkish people are famous for their hospitality and it is very common to servete a to guests in Turkey . More than 200.000 tons of black tea is consumed in Turkey every year.
Tea is a healthy drink. As the second most consumed beverage in the world after water, tea is known as a relaxing, pleasing drink. It has also gained importance as a nutritional substance because it contains flavonoids, caffeine, many elements and major vitamins. Tea is high in flavonoids. Black tea containstwo types of flavonoid called “theaflavins” and “thearubigens”. These flavonoids appear to be beneficial to health. Tea has greater antioxidant power than many plants and flavonoids may act as antioxidants.
Scientific studies have shown that tea has many positive effects on the human body. In these tests, tea preparations have repeatedly been found to reduce tumor formation for cancers of the skin, lung, oral cavity, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon, liver, pancreas, and prostate. The antioxidant activity of tea is often reported as the mechanism behind these results.
Consumption of tea is generally associated with a lower risk of heart disease and may reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke. It has been speculated that the antioxidant activity of flavonoids may be at least partly responsible as the mechanism for this protection.
Antioxidants may also help to decrease the risk of atherosclerosis by preventing lipid oxidation in the blood, making the lipids less likely to stick to artery walls. Tea consumption also appears to improve the function of the lining of the blood vessels. This means that arteries have a better capacity for expansion and contraction as needed, and will be less prone to developing the plaques and lesions associated with heart disease. Tea also has importance with respect to dental health. Dental cavities are caused by a combination oral bacteria, sugars, and acids. Tea consumption can help to reduce cavities through several mechanisms:
* The tea plant naturally contains fluoride in its leaves which makes tooth enamel stronger and more resistant to acids.
* Tea helps to prevent bacteria from sticking to the tooth surface.
* Tea helps to decrease the acid production of oral bacteria.
* Tea decreases the activity of the oral enzyme amylase, which is responsible for breaking down starch into sugar in the mouth.
Since it contains major elements and vitamins, tea is also good for patients suffering from hypertension. It is generally agreed that, for most people, moderate caffeine consumption is harmless. Many people find that caffeine boosts mental clarity and alertness in a pleasing way.
People also obtain wonderful results if they add tea to their bath. First of all, the skin will become nicely tanned. This is then followed by tea’s rejuvenating effects. TURKISH TEA IS HEALTHIER
* There are no agricultural pesticides in Turkish tea.
* As tea growers do not use pesticides, Turkish tea is natural and healthy.
* There are no additives or chemicals.
* No additives or chemicals are used in either tea gardens or in the production process.
* Turkish tea does not contain much caffeine.